In 2013, members of the Student Health Coalition began partnering with the Southern Historical Collection at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to build a unique community-driven archive containing historical documents, photographs, audio recordings, artifacts, and other treasures from the decades of work of the Coalition.
The goals of the Student Health Coalition Archive Project are:
- To support the study of the work of the Appalachian Student Health Coalition and of the work of other similar public health initiatives in the American South.
- To provide a venue for reflection and interaction with archival materials by Appalachian Student Health Coalition participants and individuals from the communities served by the Coalition.
- To encourage donations to the Southern Historical Collection of related documentation and stories on public health work in the region.
- About the history and evolution of the Student Health Coalition
- About the Southern Historical Collection at UNC’s Wilson Special Collections Library
- About community-driven archives