In April 2021, the SHC Legacy Fund advisors reached a milestone. After extensive research and interviews to identify grassroots groups who met our criteria for support, we awarded our first four grants of $3,000 each to four dynamic community non-profit organizations. Just a few months after the first round of grantees were awarded, the SHC Legacy Fund doubled their total to include an additional four organizations. Each of these recipients received $5000, and the original four were given another $2000 to match. Now in 2022, three grants of $5000 each have so far been awarded to three additional community organizations, with more expected to be named in the coming months of the year.
All grant recipients to date are listed below, grouped by their respective annual grant cycle. These are displayed in reverse chronological order. For a brief snapshot of each grant cycle, refer to the corresponding year’s alphabetical list of organizations and/or scroll through the corresponding image carousel. For more in-depth information on any one grant recipient, click on the name or carousel image of the organization of interest. Doing so will bring you to a separate page.
2022 Grant Recipients
2021 Grant Recipients
- Appalachian Opportunity Fund
- Coal Creek Miners Museum
- Eula Hall Health Center C/O Big Sandy Healthcare, Inc.
- Future Economy Collective
- Southern Connected Communities Project
- Statewide Organizing for Community eMpowerment Resource Project
- Stay Together Appalachian Youth Project
- St. Charles Clinic C/O Stone Mountain Health Services